Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Glory of Zion

God has an interesting way of bringing his people together. I had one of these interesting encounters this week and I had to share.

Sweet Miss Barbara came by my house on Monday to take measurements for window treatments. All I needed was a quote and a little feedback but I got so much more than that! We made the “I love Jesus” connection pretty quickly and for the next hour we shared our lives. She is someone who overflows with the spirit…she’s got the JOY! Anyway, she kept talking about a painting I had made for over the mantle. She loved it and thought it would look perfect in her house. I told her I would be happy to paint something for her but we never really went into any details. She gave me a huge hug on her way out the door and that was Monday.

Tuesday morning, I get a phone call from Barbara. “Lauren, I can’t stop thinking about that painting and a verse came to me from Isaiah.”

“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you.” 
Isaiah 60:1-2

I thought the verse was perfect for this painting.


We talked for another thirty minutes about the symbolism and how God is so good! She ended the conversation with “I must have a painting like this for my house!”

Such a blessing to meet Miss Barbara!

No comments:

Post a Comment