Wednesday, November 3, 2010

All I wanted was an oil change.

Have you been to Tuesday Morning on Tuesday morning??? Once a month [it might be just a few times a year] they release a bunch of new items on Tuesday morning. [no surprise on that one :)] I didn't make it out there this Tuesday but my mom did and got William a train table [i love love love it] and a dump truck comforter. Minor problem, the comforter was a full and we needed a twin.

So, I loaded up the babe this morning and went across town to Tuesday Morning hoping they had a twin. Problemo #2...I got there at 9:00 a.m. on the dot but they didn't open til 10:00 [ahhhh, this is not good when you have a 7 month old who needs a nap at 10]. I happen to need an oil change and there was a Firestone across the street so I thought I could check that off my to-do list. This is where things get interesting and WIERD!!!

I'm in the waiting room holding William and talking to another guy waiting on his car. He had a one-year-old and three-year-old (who were not with him) and we were talking all things baby [night feedings, height/weight percentiles, schedules, he was really into it]. This is where it gets weird...he asks me... "Don't mind my asking, and I don't mean to offend, but are you breast feeding?" WHAT?!?!?!?!? Did he really just ask me this in the Firestone waiting room???

You would think that would be enough awkwardness for one sitting?!?! Oh no, I had one more awkward weird encounter! I go to actually check out and the Firestone cashier looks down at William and says, "Man, you are a big guy! I bet you hurt coming out!" WHAT?!?!?!?!? Where are the hidden cameras...is this for real? :)

Without a doubt, the strangest experience I have had while getting an oil change. The only positive of this experience [I guess you could call it positive?] was that it took an hour so I got to go to Tuesday Morning. BUT you guessed it, problemo #3...NO TWIN COMFORTER!!!!!

All I have to say is what a Wednesday morning!!! :) I laughed out loud in my car most of the way home!

Oh, and here's a pic of my little man in his mickey onesie! :)


love, lauren

1 comment:

  1. ahahha i just died laughing out loud in class! how funny!!!

    ReplyDelete